Ms. Sundt is also an experienced trial attorney, having tried cases on issues of distribution of assets, spousal support, child custody and access, relocation, child support and standing issues related to parental rights. Ms. Sundt has also perfected several successful appeals.
In 2018, the LGBT Bar Association of New York awarded the Pro Bono Excellence Award to Bender & Rosenthal LLP with special recognition to Ms. Sundt for successfully acquiring parenting rights for a non-biological same sex parent after trial.
Ms. Sundt was selected to Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" for 2020 and 2021.
Ms. Sundt obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in history from Baylor University, a Master's in Business Administration from Baruch College's Zicklin School of Business and a Juris Doctorate from New York Law School.
During law school, Ms. Sundt was a law clerk intern for the Hon. Ellen F. Gesmer. Upon graduation, Ms. Sundt worked as a court attorney for the Hon. Laura E. Drager of Supreme Court, New York County during which time Ms. Sundt drafted more than 35 decisions for the Court, including a Decision of Interest published in the New York Law Journal on May 4, 2014.
Since 2014, Ms. Sundt has worked at Bender & Rosenthal LLP, practicing exclusively in the area of matrimonial and family law. Ms. Sundt also lectures at continuing legal education classes.
Ms. Sundt divides her time between Texas and New York.
Areas Of Practice
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Separation Agreements
- Parenting Agreements
- Settlement Agreements
- Asset Division: Equitable Distribution (NY)
- Asset Division: Community Property (TX)
- Spousal Support
- Parental Standing
- Child Custody & Access
- Child Support
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- New York Law School, New York, New York
- J.D. - 2011
- Baruch-Zicklin School of Business, New York, New York
- M.B.A. - 2003
- Major: Marketing & Operations
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- B.A. - 1992
- Major: History
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas State Bar
- Houston Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York (WBASNY)
- Co-Chair of the WBASNY Family Law Committee, 2019 to present
- New York Women’s Bar Association (NYWBA)
- Co-Chair of the NYWBA Matrimonial Committee, 2016- 2019
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC), NY Chapter