Ms. Sundt represents individuals in a wide variety of matrimonial and family law matters, including, but not limited to, negotiating and drafting prenuptial, postnuptial and separation agreements, as well as litigation of distribution of assets, spousal support, child custody and access, relocation, child support and standing issues related to parental rights. Ms. Sundt also does appellate practice.
Ms. Sundt obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in history from Baylor University, a Master’s in Business Administration from Baruch College’s Zicklin School of Business and a Juris Doctorate from New York Law School.
During law school, Ms. Sundt was a law clerk intern for the Hon. Ellen F. Gesmer. Upon graduation, Ms. Sundt worked as a court attorney for the Hon. Laura E. Drager of Supreme Court, New York County. Since 2014, Ms. Sundt has worked at Bender & Rosenthal LLP, practicing exclusively in the area of matrimonial and family law. Ms. Sundt also lectures at continuing legal education classes.
In 2018, the LGBT Bar Association of New York awarded the Pro Bono Excellence Award to Bender & Rosenthal LLP with special recognition to Ms. Sundt for successfully acquiring parenting rights for a non-biological same sex parent after trial.
Areas Of Practice
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Separation Agreements
- Parenting Agreements
- Settlement Agreements
- Equitable Distribution (NY)
- Community Property (TX)
- Spousal Support
- Parental Standing
- Child Custody & Access
- Child Support
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- New York Law School, New York, New York
- J.D. - 2011
- Baruch-Zicklin School of Business, New York, New York
- M.B.A. - 2003
- Major: Business Administration
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- B.A. - 1992
- Major: History
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas State Bar
- Houston Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar
- New York Women’s Bar Association (NYWBA)
- Co-Chair of the NYWBA Matrimonial Committee, 2016- 2019
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC), NY Chapter