Guidance, Advocacy, Personal Service For Your LGBT Divorce
The U.S. Supreme Court-led move toward marriage equality in all 50 states has also meant divorce equality — the right of individuals and couples to end same-sex marriages in the same ways as traditional families.
At Bender & Rosenthal LLP, our skilled attorneys bring decades of combined experience to the task of ending your relationship. We listen carefully to our clients’ goals, respond with realistic assessments of what the law will allow, pursue the most positive course of action, and provide attentive personal service throughout the process.
We believe deeply in your rights, your brighter future, and the best interests of your child or children. Those beliefs shine through in every quality legal service we offer.
Distinguished Manhattan Matrimonial And Divorce Lawyers Serving New York’s LGBT Community
Clients from gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender families can expect full-service representation for the broad spectrum of divorce and matrimonial law issues, including:
- Divorce mediation, negotiation and litigation to resolve disputes
- Child custody and visitation
- Child support and spousal support
- Equitable distribution of marital property and assets
- Business valuation during property division
- Prenuptial, postnuptial, separation and domestic partnership agreements
- Orthodox Jewish divorces, balancing and considering Jewish traditions, holidays and laws
- “Attorney for the child” and law guardian legal services
- Post-judgment modifications of child custody, child support and spousal support
- Parental relocation
- Appellate litigation
Our skilled LGBT matrimonial lawyers have successfully handled a wide variety of important issues for same-sex couples who have registered as domestic partners, who were married in another state and those who have not legally defined their relationship. Whether you were part of a marriage, partnership or civil union, in New York or elsewhere, Bender & Rosenthal LLP can help you navigate this difficult time in your life.
To arrange a frank discussion of your legal issues and secure a case evaluation, contact us to schedule a confidential initial consultation with a highly regarded Bender & Rosenthal LLP LGBT divorce attorney. Call our offices in Manhattan at 646-741-3805 or send an email message.